The Australian e-Health Research Centre team is off to the national iAwards on 30 August 2018 after their game-changing innovations were again successful at the state iAwards this year. Gongs included:
- Winner of the QLD Premier’s iAward for Public Sector Innovation for the mobile-Pulmonary Rehabilitation Platform (m-PR)
- Winner of the Public Sector & Government award for m-PR
- Merit recipient of the Research and Development Project of the Year award for m-PR
- Merit recipient of the Research and Development Project of the Year award for PD-BUDDy: Support for Peritoneal Dialysis Patients
- Merit recipient of the Community Service Markets award for PD-BUDDy: Support for Peritoneal Dialysis Patients
- Merit recipient for Public Sector & Government for CALD Assist.
WA Information Technology and Telecommunications Alliance Incite Awards
- Winner of Most Innovative Enabler in Health Care for the AEye Screening System for Patients with Diabetes.
- National iAwards finalist of Research & Innovation Project of the Year – Industry Award for the Cloud based Retinal Vascular Analysis Platform (VASP).
- Telehealth team leader Yogi Kanagasingam was named Achiever of the Year for his stellar work over many for CSIRO’s AEHRC, including the development of retinal imaging technology for diabetic retinopathy.
The iAwards is Australia’s longest running and most broadly scoped innovation recognition program, and each year recognises Australian innovations that are making a difference – whether this is at home, in the office or on a global scale.